- flour150 Gram150Gram
- butter150 Gram150Gram (Soft)
- raspberry juice At discretionAt discretion (or cherries)
- salt1 Pinch1Pinch
- baking powder2 Teaspoon2Teaspoon
- sugar150 Gram150Gram
- Eggs3 Piece3Piece
- milk30 Mililiter30Mililiter
- vanilla extract1 Teaspoon1Teaspoon
- red food coloring At discretionAt discretion
- marzipan mass1 Piece1Piece (ready to roll)
- apricot jam At discretionAt discretion (heated over low heat)
Combine the dry ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
In a separate bowl, mash the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
Mix slowly and add each egg one by one.
Add milk and vanilla.
Combine the flour with butter mixture.
Divide the dough into two parts.
For one of them, add the juice of raspberries / cherries and food coloring.
Grease and sprinkle with breadcrumbs two baking trays.
Bake cakes about 30 minutes or until the stick inserted in center of dough will be clean after removing.
Set aside the cake to cool. Then cut the hard edges of the dough. Cut the cake in half length wise.
Roll out the marzipan mass. Brush the middle with melted and warm apricot jam.
Brush each part of the cake with apricot jam (it works here on an adhesive). Yellow cake dipped in jam, that was even more yellow.
Put the dough in the center of mass of marzipan, so that when cut has a checkerboard pattern on the cake.
Cover the cake with the marzipan. Put in the fridge for a few hours for the jam to freeze.