- flour 150 Gram 150 Gram
- butter 150 Gram 150 Gram (Soft)
- raspberry juice At discretion At discretion (or cherries)
- salt 1 Pinch 1 Pinch
- baking powder 2 Teaspoon 2 Teaspoon
- sugar 150 Gram 150 Gram
- Eggs 3 Piece 3 Piece
- milk 30 Mililiter 30 Mililiter
- vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon
- red food coloring At discretion At discretion
- marzipan mass 1 Piece 1 Piece (ready to roll)
- apricot jam At discretion At discretion (heated over low heat)
You've changed the number of portions - include changes in directions!
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- In a separate bowl, mash the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Mix slowly and add each egg one by one.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour with butter mixture.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- For one of them, add the juice of raspberries / cherries and food coloring.
- Grease and sprinkle with breadcrumbs two baking trays.
- Bake cakes about 30 minutes or until the stick inserted in center of dough will be clean after removing.
- Set aside the cake to cool. Then cut the hard edges of the dough. Cut the cake in half length wise.
- Roll out the marzipan mass. Brush the middle with melted and warm apricot jam.
- Brush each part of the cake with apricot jam (it works here on an adhesive). Yellow cake dipped in jam, that was even more yellow.
- Put the dough in the center of mass of marzipan, so that when cut has a checkerboard pattern on the cake.
- Cover the cake with the marzipan. Put in the fridge for a few hours for the jam to freeze.