Dried Pork Loin in Herbs
- boneless pork loin1 Kilogram1 Kilogram boneless pork loin1Kilogram
- curing salt2 Decagram2 Decagram curing salt2Decagram
- salt2 Decagram2 Decagram salt2Decagram
- garlic4 Clove4 Clove garlic4Clove
- marjoram0.5 Teaspoon0.5 Teaspoon marjoram0.5Teaspoon
- powder sweet paprika0.5 Teaspoon0.5 Teaspoon powder sweet paprika0.5Teaspoon
- thyme0.5 Teaspoon0.5 Teaspoon thyme0.5Teaspoon
- pepper0.5 Teaspoon0.5 Teaspoon pepper0.5Teaspoon (freshly ground)
- juniper0.5 Teaspoon0.5 Teaspoon juniper0.5Teaspoon (berries)
- allspice5 Piece5 Piece allspice5Piece (berries)
- bay leaf3 Piece3 Piece bay leaf3Piece
- sugar1 Teaspoon1 Teaspoon sugar1Teaspoon
Clean the meat from any fat and membranes.
Crush the spices in a mortar, rub them well all over the meat.
Place the meat in a glass dish and let it sit in a cold place for about 4 days. Turn it from time to time, discard any juices it lets out.
Afterwards, put it in a ham net and hang it in a warm, drafty place. Let it dry for 4-5 days.
Remove it from the net, wrap in tinfoil and refrigerate for 12 hours before serving.