Aloo Gobi - Cauliflower with potatoes
- green chili At discretionAt discretion (chopped)
- sodium salt At discretionAt discretion
- cumin1 Teaspoon1Teaspoon (seeds)
- ground coriander1 Teaspoon1Teaspoon
- coriander leaves1 Teaspoon1Teaspoon
- oil2 Tablespoon2Tablespoon
- cauliflower500 Gram500Gram
- potatoes500 Gram500Gram
- chili powder0.25 Teaspoon0.25Teaspoon
- turmeric powder0.5 Teaspoon0.5Teaspoon
- cumin powder1 Teaspoon1Teaspoon
Par boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cumin seeds for about 2 minutes, until they begin to splutter. Add the green chilli and fry for a further 1 minute
Add the cauliflower florets and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, the ground spices and salt and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Garnish with coriander and serve with tomato and onion salad and pickle.