Aloo Gobi - Cauliflower with potatoes
Want to make it?
- green chili At discretion At discretion green chili At discretion (chopped)
- sodium glutamate At discretion At discretion sodium glutamate At discretion
- caraway 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon caraway 1 Teaspoon (seeds)
- ground coriander 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon ground coriander 1 Teaspoon
- cilantro leaves 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon cilantro leaves 1 Teaspoon
- oil 2 Tablespoon 2 Tablespoon oil 2 Tablespoon
- cauliflower 500 Gram 500 Gram cauliflower 500 Gram
- potatoes 500 Gram 500 Gram potatoes 500 Gram
- chili powder 0.25 Teaspoon 0.25 Teaspoon chili powder 0.25 Teaspoon
- turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon
- cumin powder 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon cumin powder 1 Teaspoon
Par boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cumin seeds for about 2 minutes, until they begin to splutter. Add the green chilli and fry for a further 1 minute
Add the cauliflower florets and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, the ground spices and salt and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Garnish with coriander and serve with tomato and onion salad and pickle.