Pierogi (Polish Dumplings) with Berries
You've changed the number of portions - include changes in directions!
- Wash berries and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle with flour and sugar. Mix and leave for a while.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and pour water, add olive oil.
- Mix and knead the dough.
- roll out the dough thinly. Cut out circles in a dough using a drinking glass.
- In the middle of every circle place a portion of the filling (berries) with a teaspoon. Fold dough forming a semicircle.
- I recommend the "Pierogi Maker" - it is not expensive, easy to use.
- In a wide pot boil water, to which add a little olive oil.
- Throw into boiling water a few raw dumplings and cook for about 3 minutes. (After few minutes pierogi will float to the surface and soon will be ready to be drained off).
- Decorate with a cream and pierogi are ready to eat!